Like any self-respecting stationery addict, I have a fairly large collection of pens. But of course I think I never have enough so when I saw Happie Scrappie was offering a pen subscription box, the Happie Pen Box, I signed up immediately.
The monthly box offers 5-6 different pens and costs $29.99 (incl shipping) for new subscribers.
It came with a cute explanation card and a sheet for handwriting practice – really useful. But the important part are the pens
There were 6 pens this month and an ink sample. I received
- Pilot Twin Marker with a fine and extra fine tips. This pen is great for writing on washi or stickers.
- a Zebra Brush pen. The fine nib means it writes precisely and it doesn’t really shadow through my Erin Condren paper
- Q Life gold Gel pen with 0.38mm nib. This pen writes very smoothly but unfortunately my handwriting isn’t really suited to the thin barrel
- M&G Be Yourself retractable Ballpoint pen with Blue Ink
- M&G “Simple is Beautiful” Gel pen
- M&G Forest Story Fountain pen with fine nib
I find myself reaching for the Twin Marker and the Brush pen regularly. I haven’t used the fountain pen yet. The thin barrel means regular British cartridges don’t fit and unfortunately the ink reservoir seems to be temperamental.
Overall I’m pleased with the contents of the box.